Viewer in Browser, Imaginary use case: communities
OpenSim does not have a viewer in the browser (VIB) yet, but people are working on that. 2 demos show that it is possible with worlds that function like a limited version of OpenSim. Assuming it can be done, what would we do with it? Here is a bit of speculation about how communities might use it to foster their growth.
- Virtual world on a browser. Demo now. Coming in Halcyon
- Cybalounge--Another virtual world on your browser
Community use (early)
- Community webpage markets community
- Community webpage offers entry.
- Web page offers avatar choices fitting the community.
- Viewer in browser (VIB) entry is to main community world.
- Community has activities there as much as possible.
- Or has walkin TPs to other places.
- Web page gives complete instructions on what to do after entry.
- (More after the break, scroll down!)
- Where is Arcadia?
Metaverse events, current and upcoming
- 10th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education. March 29–April 1, 2017. Call for proposals
- OpenSimulator Community Conference 2016: Call for proposals
- AvatarFEST 2016. Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2016. An OpenSim Hypergrid event
- OpenSim conference calls for proposals
- Mal Burns: Inworld Review
- Try a browser-based Virtual world
- Selby's daily news collection: Virtual worlds are real
- Kitely adds events calendar to login page
- Events on the Hypergrid: HYPEvents
- Entertainment on the Hypergrid
- HYPERGRID EVENTS
- Destination guide: OpenSimWorld
- Opensim AAM Virtual Performers
- Sign of the Kite
- WELCOME TO SEANCHAI LIBRARIES
- In a virtual world, your deodorant never fails.